Monday, July 16, 2007

Grilled Chicken Fajitas…Without the Grill

Pin It

Grilled Chicken Fajitas (only I don't use the grill or any grilling process for that matter )

1 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1/4 cup lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon each; dried oregano leaves, crushed, ground cumin
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 each; green, red and yellow bell pepper, quartered
1 onion cut into 6 wedges
4 flour tortillas warmed
sour cream

1. Mix salad dressing, juice, garlic and seasonings until well blended.  Pour over chicken.  Marinate in refrigerator at least 20 minutes, drain.

2.  Place chicken on grill over medium-hot coals or rack of broiler pan.  Grill, covered, or broil 10 minutes.

3.  Place vegetables on grill or broiler pan.  continue cooking chicken and vegetables 10 minutes or until tender, turning chicken and vegetables occasionally.

4.  Slice chicken and bell peppers into strips.  Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables.  Top with sour cream and  roll up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal NOTES: Ok, so that is how the recipe is in my cookbook,
this is what I do!
I slice up one bell pepper, any color and the onion and sauté them on the stove until nice and soft, you can add the garlic here if you want.
Next, I slice up the chicken, I take and slice the breast in half length-wise and then cube it.  If I have time I will marinate it but often times I don't.  You can do the chicken first and let it marinate while you are cutting the vegetables and getting them sautéed.  Put the chicken and the sauce mixture right into the frying pan, don't throw it out the sauce that is....

 I only use the cumin in my marinade mixture not the oregano.  Once the veggies are sautéed, I start the chicken, cook on med.-high and in about 7 minutes it should be done.

Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato's and voila, it has a great sauce. 

No comments: