I just wanted to update about last Thursday. We had a Realtor come through the house with her broker and told us all the stuff we would need to do to get the house ready for sale...The Realtor seemed to think that if we were really motivated we could have it all done in 2 months!!!
Paint: Stick to the one color as the entry hall to be cost effective....use it in the family room, kitchen dining room and hallway. She said to just go one shade darker to paint the fireplace and one shade darker for the dining room. Paint our bar stools in the kitchen as well, and cut the legs down...
Oh and she said to paint our garage as well, it is all sheetrock that has a thin coat of something on there...it just needs to be freshened up.
Tim wants to, and I agree, go with a different color for the bedrooms so the house does not feel like it is sterile and no personality. We will go with neutral colors to make it eye appealing.
Window treatments: put a drape over the family room window and the actual door going out and pull them back to the wall. Do a valance over the entry hall windows and a drape in the dining room. A valance in the kitchen....she said to sew it myself since I could and save money....
If I can find fabric to match the color in the wall hanging we bought and coordinate it with the dining room tapestry....then we could pull those rooms together...
Bathroom....put a frame around the mirror and just paint
Kitchen....just paint and remove border and replace the counter tops but just upgrade to higher end laminate, we don't have to put granite in because we have "in expensive cabinets"....who would have guessed that the nice wood cabinets were inexpensive!
Other Bedrooms....just remove borders and paint....
The bulk of our money to spend, she said, should be put into our front yard for curb appeal and fixing the vinyl siding from the lightning damage 2 years ago...this we figured and I was already going to hire a landscape designer to help with a plan to start getting that done.
So I am really excited to get going on this house, I think I can have the house painted fairly quick....it is time consuming and to work around the little ones but can be done...
Other than that, she said to get a rental storage unit and just clear out our house to the bare minimum, pack smart so that the spring clothes will be available when we need them but get everything else packed away...
They said it takes between 3-6 months to sell a house....I was so hoping for it selling like in the first month esp. if it is buyer ready and move in ready....but it is good to hear a realistic point of view.
So that was what Thursday was a great afternoon that got me all excited to get out of this house!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment