Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Looking for elegant Winter Table decorations

Pin It

I am looking for your ideas...I have 3 months to find what I need.

The end of January, I am providing the refreshments for our Teens after a Sunday evening service.  I will bring all the food and the beverages....we are only talking about 20 people.

What I would like to do is make it really special for them.  I want to decorate the tables and serving table as if they were being treated to a Gala Event....

These are such a wonderful group of teens that are so in tune with what the Lord would have for their lives and they are not compromising in seeking the Lord.  I want to show them how much they mean to me by making them feel really special.

So what ideas do you have for decorating a serving table and possibly 2 or 3 sitting tables???

I was thinking maybe white table cover with possible some blue gilttery netting to give sparkle on the serving table and possibly some branches that are white with icicles on them...for height.....
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/icedbranches.html .  This second one, scroll halfway down and maybe a scoche more and you will see some beautiful vases with branches and white flowers....http://www.mustloveweddings.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553&highlight=winter&page=4

or maybe doing something with snowmen/snowglobes of snowmen....and if I can find small ones at the dollar store maybe I could do something with a verse attached to them????  http://www.ehow.com/way_5241555_winter-wedding-decorations-budget.html

This one if you scroll down to see the candles...I like the sparkliness of this one... http://www.bride.ca/wedding-ideas/index.cfm/2008/11/28/Winter-Wedding-Ideas

I love these colors...but didn't want to necessarily do ornaments because that holiday would be overwith...but translate those colors and sparkles to something else... http://www.ehow.com/how_5126129_affordable-winter-wedding-decorations.html

I am open to anything though, so brainstorm and get back to me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok see these little beauties.....

Remember my thought in my previous post about the food for the Teens after church in January....I was thinking of having something like little snowmen/snowglobes to give away....
I am thinking that a little miniature pair of mittens would be adorable made out of felt....but I would make my own...out of white....
what do you think????
If you were going to include a thank you note....what scripture would you include that somehow might go with white mittens....
something on purity?
If they were stitched with red....would you do something about white as snow and something about the blood of Christ....
What about friendship..... or God's hands or hand in hand with God.......
I need help on this part!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```
This was another one that I saw:
http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/2007/10/mitten-ornament-tutorial.html


I could do white batting with red velvet ribbon......???
It doesn't have to be red at all, but I was just trying to think of something to relate it to Jesus somehow...

No comments: