"Every day you are becoming who you will be forever." John Luhmann
"Sanctification, in the last place, is absolutely necessary, in order to train and prepare us for heaven. Most men hope to go to heaven when they die, but few, it may be feared, take the trouble to consider whether they would enjoy heaven if they got there. Heaven is essentially a holy place; its inhabitants are all holy; its occupations are all holy. To be really happy in heaven, it is clear and plain that we must be somewhat trained and made ready for heaven while we are on earth." J.C. Ryle
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Everyday....
Pin It
I saw this on Lamplight Publishing blog....and thought it worthy to share here....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. That is thought provoking. I have never thought of it that way. Thank you for sharing.
I enjoyed this. I remember saying once when I was younger, "Mom, will we just be floating around heaven singing praises? If so, that's going to be really boring!!!!" But I have read about heaven and it's going to be incredible and we will be delighted but the important thing is serving God, praising Him, loving Him... and being changed while here on earth into what He is helping us become... the person He made us to be. To anyone who asks that, and I bet there are more that ask that, who might not admit it. To them I would simply say, "it's better than the alternative!" LoL Big cheesy smile, Cass xoxo
Post a Comment