Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just catching up with pictures from my birthday

Pin It

DSC00886

We tried to get a picture of the children and I on the couch….but sometimes, coordinating children and coordinating the camera operator….don’t quite work out…..

DSC00889

And you end up with a somewhat fuzzy picture….next time Smile

 

DSC00891

This is the first year that my DH took the children shopping for Birthday presents for me.  It was quite delightful!  They came back with candles and picture frames, a basket, some combs to comb my hair with, a perpetual calendar, my daughter picked out a long sleeve shirt with a collared shirt underneath…it was wonderful!!!

DSC00898

Tim said this sweater was from all the boys.  It looks a little light in this picture but it is a dark royal purple, my favorite color!!

Tim also surprised me with a cake and flowers….I had made a birthday cake for myself, I had not frosted it yet….so I put it in the freezer for my son’s birthday this past Friday.  That worked out great so I did not have to do as much work on his special day and could really enjoy the day more!

DSC00899

Tim also surprised me by making baby sitting arrangements and taking me out to dinner!

The first stop though, was to the local Department store….

DSC00420

Where he bought me this little ensemble…jacket, shirt, skirt, and two pairs of shoes… The picture doesn’t do the outfit justice…it is a periwinkle or wisteria color…the blouse is a paisley in the same color with smoke and charcoal colors and the skirt is a grey/black shade. We also picked out two other shirts that had the long sleeves like a sweater and then the look of a button up shirt underneath with collar….I love those classical timeless looks.

With all of that hoopla, we then went to dinner and sat and watched the rain pour and pour and pour….one of the worst rains we have had for the year…lol….but it was wonderful, it was a quiet evening in the restaurant and it was the first time I think, in about 3 years..maybe 4 that we have had dinner just the two of us.

The day was just splendid!!

3 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Such Lovely clothes! And, your picture with the children is just so sweet. I am glad you had a quiet birthday evening. Happy Birthday! (Mine was on the 5th so we both had a celebration this past weekend.)

Rivers of Water said...

How sweet to have a birthday shared with my son. Now I have you down in my Calendar!!! Happy Belated to you, I hope yours felt just as blessed as mine did!!

Cassidy said...

WoW!!!! What an AMAZING birthday! Lots of INCREDIBLE gifts and DINNER OUT! Whew, and a cake and flowers?! I must say you were definitely queen on your bday!!!!!!!
Smiles, Cass xoxox