The Ultimate Friendship
When Solomon wrote about “a friend that sticketh closer than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24), he may well have had in mind a divine friendship. Truly, the only One Who can stick with us through thick and thin is the Lord Jesus Himself. Jesus calls us His friends if we do what he commands (John 15:14). The starting place for that obedience is to recognize that the only way to God is through Jesus Christ, Who is the way, the truth, and life (John 14:6). Have you received the Lord Jesus as your Savior? Are you His child and friend (John 1:12)?
I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love,
And thus He bound me to Him…
I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
He bled, he died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life,
But His own self He gave me….
I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
So kind and true and tender,
So wise a Counselor and Guide,
So mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well,
What pow’r my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, or earth or hell?
No! I am His forever.
---James G. Small
Proverbs in Practice
If you have children, how can you help them establish good relationships and avoid bad ones?
Notes from Class:
Find friends that are following the Lord, reading the bible, putting the word into practice…
Staying away from the appearance of evil…”friends” that would get into mischief or wrong doing are not friends….
Model that right kind of friends to have for your children…live it…
Train about the friendships from the bible…memorize scriptures….
Be in the right places…in home in school….in church…those type of places where people who follow the Lord would be….not out in the “world”
The type of friends you keep will affect your testimony.
Based on what you studies about establishing good relationships and being a good friend, write a description of what you understand true friendship to be.
Notes from Class:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Christ-like behavior…Loves you no matter what…will not betray you.
Do you know the Lord Jesus as your friend? What are you doing to nurture that relationship?
Notes from Class:
Place value in Him, His Word, His counsel…..Through prayer talk to him. Tell him that we love him…Thank Him….
Meditate..listen to what He says…The more you listen the more you recognize the voice.
Do the things that please him. John 8:29 John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
2 comments:
Amazing!! Thank you so much for this study. It really puts friendships in the right perspective.
Blessing,
Heather
Oh you are very welcome, To God be the Glory! I could not help but share what I had learned as it just seems that so many women have issues in this area...we need a guidebook and He provided one :)
Post a Comment