Friday, December 31, 2010

The last of 2010….

Pin It

Well, here we are with the last post of this year…I am kind of amazed that the end of the year is here already…I kind of was not expecting it to happen this soon.

Today, the Lord blessed me with an extra dose of energy, Thank you so much!!  We made coffee cake this morning to deliver to another lady to take to a 3rd lady at our church who just had a baby girl Smile  Of course in the dash to get out of the house we left the pacifier on the dining room floor and even though I was 3 minutes from the house…that would have been at least a 6 min. delay getting to the drop off location….so off we went…

We rendezvoused at a Food Lion parking lot and exchanged hello’s and laugh’s …and a brief discussion about attending evening services at church tonight….why a discussion…well because service does not start until 9pm and goes until midnight with an intermission half way through…..Did anyone remember that we have 5 children….the youngest…his night time sleeping begins at 8:30pm, my older children…while they could possibly make it for that duration….they are normally in bed by 8:30pm also…..

So we are forgoing said services until they are about 10 years old!!  I will pray in the new year with them in spirit from my house…. Christy….good luck with the pajamas and blankets for your little ones!!!

We then went across town to the bank, cashed our paychecks and went to Michael’s craft store looking for some special glitter for making these branch thingy majigy’s for the end of the month…they didn’t have them….

Then it was off to Hobby Lobby to get these sliver charger plates for the same end of the month project and some little white Christmas lights….I was hoping to get the normal ones at 60% off, however, the normal ones were sold out and I ended up with a slightly different light that looks like a clear pine cone but still tiny…I wonder how that will look on a fake Ficus tree…lol

Over to the Dollar store where I grabbed my dish soap and saw the stash of glass candle holders that I will also need for said project at the end of the month…the Dollar store on my side of the freeway is completely wiped out for the holidays.

Last stop…Aldi’s I love shopping there…in and out in 20 minutes with a complete kitchen full of groceries.

We, the children and I, arrived home with a brief stop through a drive through for lunch and unloaded everything.  The kitchen was slightly chaotic with the remnants of the coffee cake dishes everywhere and now groceries all over the counters Winking smile.  I tidied up that area, went through the family room and cleaned up….Took a picture or pictures of my dining room….why is that significant….well, because I took everything off of my bookshelf that was supposed to be used for my homeschool stuff….and well, 90% of the stuff, was not homeschool related…so, while I should have taken the picture before I took it off the bookshelf..that would have been nice… You will get the work in progress picture on the dining room table and the nice finished picture of the bookshelf!  All to be posted another time…lol

I then went in and started doing some sewing!!!  Yippee!!! I had bought material for Haley the first week of December because I thought we were going on a trip and she would need the clothes, and that did not happen and so it has sat, looking forlorn waiting to be sewn up….  So the front side of the dress is put together, well front and sides I should say…

I got up from there and now I have sitting next to me about 12 pairs of felt mittens that are about 2.5” in length that I need to finish embroidering together for the project at the end of  the month….

So I feel productive today and there is still daylight left…so who knows what else will get done today…I am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me for the coming year and I look forward to poignant and concentrated time with Him….

God Bless~~

 

1 comment:

Ashley Wells said...

You were busy! lol...Hope you are having a good start to the new year!