This has to be one of my all time favorite ways to fix salmon. I found this recipe years ago on the internet and unfortunately at the time I did not save the web address. I usually fix this recipe for special occasions.
Garlic and Ginger-crusted Salmon

12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
2 eggs, beaten (you could get away with just one)
4 salmon fillets, 4 to 8 oz. ea.
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Caribbean Jerk seasoning blend (this is really really spicy, I use only 1 tsp.)
1 cup chopped mango (fresh or bottled)
1 T. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Non-stick cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix half the garlic with the gingersnap crumbs, set aside. (I find that you never use all the crumbs to cover the fish with and there is always left overs....so, instead of putting the garlic with the crumbs...I just add a little bit to the top of each piece and then put the rest of the garlic in with the sauce on the stove.)
2. In another bowl, whisk lime juice into eggs. Dip salmon filets into egg mixture to coat; then into gingersnap-garlic mixture coating both sides.
3. Spray a 13 x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Arrange filets in a single layer. Bake until fish is opaque when the center is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 15 minutes. (ok, after cooking tonight, I would say it takes about 18-21 minutes for a salmon filet to cook) Transfer to a warm serving platter. Just keep a close eye on these, you do not want to overcook them and they should be translucent to slightly opaque for perfect doneness.
While the fish is baking, prepare the sauce (emphasis is marked on the recipe) however, I find that you should wait until your salmon is at least half cooked otherwise your sauce will not turn out as nice.
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the remaining garlic, sour cream, mayonnaise and jerk seasoning until well blended.
2. Stir in the mango and cook until heated through.
3. Spoon sauce over salmon filets and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Garlic and Ginger-crusted Salmon
12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
2 eggs, beaten (you could get away with just one)
4 salmon fillets, 4 to 8 oz. ea.
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Caribbean Jerk seasoning blend (this is really really spicy, I use only 1 tsp.)
1 cup chopped mango (fresh or bottled)
1 T. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Non-stick cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix half the garlic with the gingersnap crumbs, set aside. (I find that you never use all the crumbs to cover the fish with and there is always left overs....so, instead of putting the garlic with the crumbs...I just add a little bit to the top of each piece and then put the rest of the garlic in with the sauce on the stove.)
2. In another bowl, whisk lime juice into eggs. Dip salmon filets into egg mixture to coat; then into gingersnap-garlic mixture coating both sides.
3. Spray a 13 x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Arrange filets in a single layer. Bake until fish is opaque when the center is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 15 minutes. (ok, after cooking tonight, I would say it takes about 18-21 minutes for a salmon filet to cook) Transfer to a warm serving platter. Just keep a close eye on these, you do not want to overcook them and they should be translucent to slightly opaque for perfect doneness.
While the fish is baking, prepare the sauce (emphasis is marked on the recipe) however, I find that you should wait until your salmon is at least half cooked otherwise your sauce will not turn out as nice.
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the remaining garlic, sour cream, mayonnaise and jerk seasoning until well blended.
2. Stir in the mango and cook until heated through.
3. Spoon sauce over salmon filets and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
No comments:
Post a Comment