Years ago, like back in the dark ages in the 80’s I used to work at Williams~Sonoma. One of the nice perks of working there was access to the hundreds and hundreds of recipe cards. I only wish now, I had taken one of everything, knowing that I was going to come to love cooking so much.
One of the cards I did happen to bring home was their recipe for Pizza dough. It is recipe card number 19364 in case I need to mention that.
I have used this recipe with great success and find that it will make either two thin crust pizza’s that are about 16” diameter or one really nice thick crust.
The flavor is great and I like it the way it is made. I have also started adding the addition of honey to the recipe which I found on another site. Unfortunately, back in 2008 when I started really saving recipes from the internet, I did not think to save the link from where I found the recipe as is the case with the honey recipe.
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (1 Tbs.) active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm (110 degrees) water
4 cups of flour
2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup olive oil.
(optional 3 T. honey)
Directions:
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of the warm water. Combine flour, salt, yeast mixture, rest of water and olive oil. Knead for 10 minutes, until dough is soft and silky but not sticky, adding more flour if necessary. Cover and let rise until double, approx. 45 minutes. Flatten out dough to fit baking stone or divide and flatten to desired sizes, cover and let rise 20 minutes. cover with tomato sauce, etc., and bake at 40 degrees for 10-20 minutes (depending on size) until golden brown.
As far as the toppings go…. we use a homemade pizza sauce which I have currently run out of and frustrated to no end that I did not get more made this year since we were trying to sell the house.
I like to take two fairly large onions, sweet onions if you have them and then caramelize them on the stove. We then like sautéed mushrooms, as well as mild sausage. Let’s not forget loads of Mozzarella cheese as well.
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment