Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Pin It

This year was really low key for celebrating….Tim was just getting over sickness and working long hours to catch up on work at the office….I had been trying to catch up on work here at home that had not been done because I had been sick…Hubby called at about 6:30pm to say Happy Valentines day and I said don’t worry about getting me anything because I didn’t have anything for him!  He sounded slightly relieved ;D

So he arrived home about a half hour later and about 8:20pm or so was helping the boys all get ready for bed…which usu. means diaper changes for the younger ones first.  So my oldest son was trying to show dad, how he could climb or hang or something from the lowest cross bar on the bunk bed…My husband said he must have only been about a foot and a half to two feet off the ground and he fell backwards and hit the spine of the according closet doors….

Well my son didn’t cry immediately but said it hurt bad and turned around and then my husband saw the back of his head was all bloody…my husband wasn’t sure if he hit the hinge directly or just the spine of the door… All I hear is him in the bathroom with my son saying we have a split head in here!  I couldn’t get up off the couch fast enough!! Trying not to trip on the blanket and not run over my daughter at the same time!

I saw the gash and ran for a wash cloth, hubby says to grab the liquid glue, I come back and look again, there is no way that glue is going to close that gaping hole!  I put the washcloth on the head and held on as hard as I could…mind you I’m in my apron, barefoot…. Hubby grabs my shoes and off to the ER room we go.  Thankfully it is not further than 12 minutes on a normal drive!!

We get there and had to wait about another 20.  They gave my son two shots to numb the spot and ended up putting four staples in the back to close it up!  I joked with my husband on the way in that it was almost a one-on-one date…he joked back and said we could leave him in the ER and go get Ice-cream…lol….

I have to say of all my children, this child has the highest tolerance to pain…he never winced, flinched or said ow when they gave the shots to numb the area and almost had a smile the whole time, it never got to a grimace and he didn’t do anything when they put the staples in….the nurses were surprised as well and said they normally have to put the children in a straight jacket type thing so they won’t move….he just laid their on his side, I held his hand and he didn’t even squeeze it or anything!!

DSC01954

We left he hospital after about an hour and hit Chick Filet on the way home for an icecream cone and milk shake!!

1 comment:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

OH Melissa. Wow! Thank God he is all right! Sweet little Thing.

My 3rd born has a high tolerance for pain too. He gashed his head on Jan 1st. I thought to myself, "Happy New Year." And instead of thinking this is how we are going to start the year off, I thought I would look at it that we got the 1st and ONLY ER visit out of the way for the year!