when I left off last…. Somewhere along the way there as I was posting, I got exhausted, tired…sick and projects piled on and only today am I feeling somewhat capable of blogging again…I am going to give it a go to get through my vacation in a post or two…..
So I had gotten through part of the second day and we had stopped in Augusta, GA…well we left there and started down the road and found a place to stop and have some lunch….Now remember from that last post I had mentioned that Monday had been our youngest son’s first birthday….however, due to hubby wanting to get on the road we didn’t get to celebrate on Monday….
But! That is not going to stop me from capturing this first day on film…thankfully, I had two awesome chocolate cakes in my freezer…so I took those out on Monday morning and took a can of chocolate frosting and slathered the middle of the two cakes and just left it plain and packed it away in my travel trailer…Then I got busy making a cream cheese frosting…two colors…white for the base and blue for the writing! I packed away my pastry tips and packed the frosting in Ziploc bags and stored in my fridge and off we went. So Tuesday, after the stop in Augusta…we found a wonderful little community park with just enough space to pull our trailer in. I pop in the back and get lunch made for everyone and then let the children lay outside for a little bit. In the meantime, I whipped out my cake, retrieved my frosting and sat down at the table in the travel trailer and proceeded to frost our birthday cake! With the cake completed we called the children in, took out the lighter and lit the candle and sang a great round of Happy Birthday….
And what first birthday isn’t complete without a birthday child getting their hand in the cake before their supposed to!!!
There was no big mess with cake all over the place, we offered the plate by itself and he was just not too sure about that so he was more than happy to be served by a fork…and, it kind of goes without saying….icing on the seat cushions would not be ideal either so little to no mess is a good thing!!
We left there and headed straight down towards Jacksonville, FL. We stopped over at Tim’s parents house, I know things are not always the smoothest between his parents and I…there are many times I just wish things were simpler somehow…I don’t know how. I just wouldn’t expect that anything could go wrong in less than a 24 hour visit… ….I just know that when you have practically two weeks notice that we are coming to spend the night and then you ask me if it would be ok to prepare breakfast for the next morning (because we did not eat dinner the night before with them and they knew that before we even left on the trip), and we say sure that would be great…its not really a blessing when the kids come running out to the trailer to tell me that they can have cereal but we have to use our own milk! The fact that you would not purchase a little quart of milk to feed your Grandchildren breakfast is beyond me….
All I know is that everyday we are given a multitude of decisions…and we have the opportunity to be a blessing or not….we all have to remember to choose the Godly way and to focus on being a blessing no matter the circumstance and I am speaking to myself as well :- )
So the next morning we were off with a straight shot south down to Titusville, Fl. We found our campground about 15 minutes outside of Titusville, North of the town. This must have been one of the squished campgrounds we have ever been in…I think there was barely 4’ in between the camp spaces! The children were really excited to get out and go swimming, the weather had been in the high 70’s for the past few days, however, the pool was not open…normally it wouldn’t open until March but the weather had been so warm they were trying to get it ready but not in time for our stay…
We did, though, enjoy several bike rides around the campground with our new get up…now we can all ride together!!
Matthew loves this newest mode of transportation and did end up falling asleep in his little carrier a few days later in the trip!
So the youngest was in the bike car, the next youngest on the handlebars the other three were able to ride their bikes and I was able to ride my bike as well!! It is certainly going to be quite the caravan when the next little one comes along!!
Late afternoon, we took a ride into town to check out/ scope out the possible viewing sites for the Thursday launch. We had three possible areas to look into and we decided on a really nice county park Sand Point Park that had lovely grassy areas, restrooms and a huge playground. These were all sights that had been recommended on the internet through diligent research! We drove around the few blocks of this part of town and were amazed at the number of campers, RV’s trailers and what not that were camped out dry camping and had been there for several days to get the best spots they wanted.
We saw one area that was all blocked off for the press and there were plenty of news vans there etc…..and with that, I will start a next post that will have pictures of the launch!!
3 comments:
I am loving following along with your trip!! I loved Matthew's cake and the pics of him with it! The bike pics are priceless too! Is there room in there with Matthew to put one more child? I've seen one of those in our neighborhood but there's holds two children. I wonder if yours does too! Riding bikes as a family is such a wonderful thing to do. I remember doing that with my sister in a seat behind Mom's bike all the time when I was younger. Sweet memories!!!! You are an incredible wife and mom and I so admire you!
Cass xoxo
We can indeed ride two children in the buggy, but Phillip really likes to be up front!!
Happy Birthday to Matthew! So very exciting!
Melissa, You look all a glow! Just beautiful!
We also have a bike car. Everyone likes it even those that can ride on their own.
Your camping pictures is making me smile. I want to go out something terrible.
I love your quote, "we are given a multiple of decissions -- to be a blessing our not!" You don't know how much that touched me and you can't imagine how true it truly is for me as well. I am in your same position!
Post a Comment