36 Weeks 2 days Aug. 4th
I, and all the children were up bright and early AGAIN this morning to be at the midwife by 9am..even earlier than yesterday...I'll take it though, I am a morning person and can nap later if needed and there are less people at the MW's office and more likely to be running on schedule.
We did the weight, blood pressure, measure, heart rate thingy's... all is fine....Huge PRAISE REPORT here.......I get to use the Midwife's facility!!! Praise the Lord, this is just a wonderful answer to prayer.... the conditions were that the Dr. and the Midwife agreed that as soon as I get there she would put in an IV to help prevent or ward off hemorrhaging...I have no problem with this at all and that this nurse Laura would be there for the birth as well...The nurse has been working with my MW for almost two months and has 25 years experience as a labor and delivery nurse at the local hospital....no problem with her being there either!!
So we go through all that and my MW is still looking over my paper work and says she is considering inducing my labor...which I am always interested to hear her thought processes so I asked what was behind this...was it the fact that I was 40 weeks last time and all the hemorrhaging? She replied that was part of it, but the other part was my labor itself...My labor was many hours long but never got regular until right before it was time to give birth and then went somewhat quickly which would have also contributed to the hemorrhaging....
I mentioned that I could not remember how early Matthew was, how long I was there before the birth and many details of that birth and she said that was due to the extreme amount of blood loss, it is just something that will never come back. So she looked up for me, Matthew was a week early and it took two hours to deliver and we knew even in those two hours that something was not right...
So we are looking at going back in 2 weeks...that would make me 37 weeks...at that time she is going to see if there has been any change in my cervix...since we can deliver with the midwife at 37 weeks we would then be able to start possibly doing things to induce...so I would come back at 38 and then we would start herbs and see how things go....if it is the Lord's will to happen the herbs would work and if not, then we just end up waiting until the Lord decides to bring forth this baby....so the only hiccup was having someone to watch the children which in the big scheme of things is not, I am sure we could always find someone but my parents are arriving Aug. 27th as our baby sitters :-) so this whole plan actually falls into place within a few days of their arrival and it might all just work out perfectly...if not we call up the neighbor to watch until we can get someone to stay at the house while we are gone.....
My husband was in favor of this and I am comfortable with this...I am not in favor of some of the medical interventions that happen at the hospital but taking some herbs is the low end of intervention for me and not upsetting. So we'll see...I may end up having this baby before the end of August....it's all in the Lord's hands anyhow!!! Keep Praying!!!
1 comment:
This is such a blessing and an answer to prayer!
Post a Comment