I follow Crystal’s website Money Saving Mom. I receive daily emails, hourly emails that mention the latest coupon goodies and deals. Crystal recently published her book The Money Saving Mom’s Budget and it has skyrocketed up the chart on the best sellers list.
Back in December she sent out an email that several websites were hosting giveaways for free copies of her book. I went to each site, there must have been about 11-12 now that I look back. I entered each one. Crystal has such a huge following, thousands of people out there around the world and I had just about given up hope of ever winning anything from her promotions…..
Today in my mailbox there was a notification that I had won from The Frugal Gal’s blog. Brittany had 5 copies that she was giving away and there were over 1500 entries for the giveaway!!!
While I may be debt free there are sure to enough tips in there on how to save money on couponing and other ways to streamline expenses that I can find useful. I am so excited!! If you are interested in trying to win a copy of the book as well, here is a link to Crystal’s site and all the sites that are hosting giveaways: http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/01/enter-to-win-on-of-copies-of-my-book.html Good Luck!!
6 comments:
This is exciting! Will you share a few tips you learn?
Here is some info on the CAT. (California Achievement Test)
The testing books and info is from Christian Liberty Press http://www.christianlibertypress.com/services/services.htm
If you click the learn more button under the online and the paper version of the test in the link, it will give you the specifics. The test is $25. It tells you how to choose the test that you should have them take as well.
The scores are sent to you and stored with Christian Liberty incase you want them to set up a homeschool program. I did not pay for that since I am happy with my curriculum and do not feel God leading me to change.
If you do the online version. You have to have audio. They read sentences out to the student in some cases particurally for the comprehension test and a few of the math problems. We sat beside her while she did the test because she did it on the computer and we were glad we did because it was timed and there were a few times that she clicked on the tools button on the computer and we had to click out of that for her since she had never used a computer before. We gave her a quick mouse lesson!
Some of the audio didn’t work on the online version due to loading purposes. I found that if we continued on in the test than we were able to go back to those questions and then the audio would load fine.
There were about 10 small test. As long as they didn’t start each individual test they could take breaks as much as they wanted to.
I chose to do the online version simply cause I didn't want her to fiddle with the bubble paper version. I wanted to make sure the test was accurate and that she didn't have any skip problems due to penciling in on the bubble page.
For the online version, they sent all the info to me through the mail. I paid for it one day and had the password for the test the next day. It was very easy!
I hear the paper version is just as easy as well but it comes through the mail.
I'd love to know how you liked the book :) I read her blog all the time and am curious if there is never before shared stuff in it. I'm hesitant to pay for it when I may have read it already.
Blessings~Cindy
How do you like the book Melissa?
So Far I have not come across anything that I did not learn in Dave Ramsey's class about having a budget and how to stick to it. It is the exact same information. I am not done as of yet so will wait to hold off final thoughts until I have had a chance to go through the whole book.
Checking in on you! I hope things are going well. Let me know how and what is going on with you! Drop me a line!
Checking in on you again! ;) Hugs to you.
Post a Comment